Google+





Monday, September 01, 2014

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Soars For Top Box Office Again!

Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY took in another $16m this weekend for it's third non-consecutive, weekend box office crown. That makes $280m so far with $305m forecast domestically. Worldwide GOTG has taken $554m and counting.

I've seen this movie three times already, once with my daughter who I wanted to introduce to the brand as potentially her generation's STAR WARS. I feel the movie is that important.

Audiences shelled out $12m for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES' second place showing - another 3D movie. I haven't seen this yet, but hope to in the coming weeks. It dropped 30% from last weekend and has accumulated a nice $162m thus far.

SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR has bottomed out already and has only a fraction of what the original made. I feel for Robert Rodriguez who I admire as a filmmaker.

Can GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY hold on again for a fourth first place victory? Stay tuned!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.