Google+





Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sony Thinking Spider-Man 4 In 3D?

Jim here. Well I knew that Amy Pascal was pro-3D, but that didn't stop me from loving every word of this interview with her and Michael Lynton (both are Sony's chiefs) over on Forbes.

Here is the excerpt to do with 3D:

You have an animated movie coming out this fall, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, in 3-D. Do you see that as the future of the industry?
Pascal: For sure. You're not going to see a lot of animated movies that aren't in 3-D any more. I think Jeffrey Katzenberg preached that and he was right.
Lynton: I didn't understand what he was talking about until I saw [DreamWorks Animation's ( DWA - news - people )]Monsters vs. Aliens. It's a very immersive experience. It's like seeing perspective for the first time. I think it is something different and terrific and a new group of directors will have to figure out how to do it.

What about for live action movies?
Pascal: I think James Cameron's new movie [Avatar] could change the world. I think everyone is in anticipation thinking it's going to be like Star Wars. It's going to change the way you consume entertainment. I don't know that it will ever be the way you see dramas, but I can't say anymore that it won't be.

Are you considering doing any live action movies in 3-D? What about Spider-Man 4?
Pascal: Could be.
Lynton: People are paying a premium to see movies in 3-D and that's a very big deal. It's never been done before that someone says you have to pay more to see Spider-Man than a romantic comedy.

My stereoscopic sense is tingling! I have been watching Spider-Man since the original cartoon on TV with that wonderful music score. I have yet to keep the habit. Spider-Man in 3D would be something I would place on my bucket list, you know? It has to be done right of course, but wow - that would be so cool.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.